Inside This Issue
The European Pizza & Pasta Show, 13-15 November 2019, held at Olympia, is not only an established industry trade event but also a unique live cooking show, that provides a stage for world-renowned pizza and pasta chefs with competitions and masterclasses.
The Show, organised by IPR Events London Ltd in association with PAPA- Pizza, Pasta and Italian Food Association (UK) - and supported by Visit Britain and the International Pizza Senza Frontiere, brings together the best of the pizza and pasta industry, focusing on live cooking, rather than the traditional B2B trade show format, giving its participants a unique chance to demonstrate the best products in action.
The exhibition coincides with the finals of the Pizza and Pasta Chef Competitions and prestigious PAPA awards on November 14th.
Thanks to all the sponsors, competitors and judges involved in the Awards, which will be celebrated in style at the annual dinner at the Royal Lancaster London Hotel.
- Domino’s Pizza is to exit from three Nordic countries and Switzerland after significant losses there. The company now plans to sell its 115 shops in Iceland, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland after a six week review of its international operations.
- Devon-based Pasta King, the leading provider of nutritious pasta meals to schools in the UK, has been acquired by two business entrepreneurs from Northern Ireland, Paul Allen and Michael Blaney.
- Pizza Express has denied reports that it plans to close 150 restaurants as a result of a £1.1bn debt burden and no let up on the current high street and casual dining malaise.
- PAPA Awards 2019.
- Pizza Chef of the Year 2019.
- Pasta Chef of the Year 2019.
European Pizza and Pasta Show
Tom Allen - Putting R&D on the menu at Papa John’s
- Index of PAPA registered suppliers